Desi shares her favorite easy recipe for Red Pepper Jelly!
I wanted to share a recipe for one of my favorite things to make for the holidays, Red Pepper Jelly! This is pretty simple to make and makes a great present for teachers and friends. And, did I mention it was delicious?
- 4-6 red bell peppers (depending on size)
- 3 3/4 c. sugar or substitute
- 3/4 c. white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (thai chilli or chilli pepper sauce works too)
- 6 oz liquid pectin (you will need 2 pkgs)
1. First, cut the peppers into cubes, removing the stem and ribs.
2. Process or blend the pepper cubes to create a pepper puree.
3. Combine first 4 ingredients in a deep sauce pan and cook over med/high heat stirring regularly.
4. Cook for approx 6-10 min or until mixture reaches full boil.
5. Stir in pectin.
6. Cook on high for 3 min.
7. Skim off foam with a metal spoon.
8. Pour mixture into jelly jars. Cover with lids.
9. Invert 1 to 1 1/2 hours to disperse minced pepper. Makes 4 cups.
And just like that, you have some yummy pepper jelly in a pretty festive red color. It makes a great snack or party appetizer with some cream cheese and crackers. Yummy!